As I am sure you already know, I am soon to be getting married! And when I mean soon.... I mean soon!!!
Chris and I decided long before we were officially engaged, that we wanted to Elope. Our parents were very supportive about it and we couldn't be more thankful! The day after, we started planning, we both decided we wanted to have our parents there! Then we said "Okay, immediate family ONLY! And immediate family only is to know the date and place!" We couldn't have been happier with our decision! (And we welcome pre-wedders to do the same!)
I was once married before. My first wedding was the furthest from what I wanted! So as soon as Chris and I started talking marriage, I knew I would want to do this 100% differently! Even though I wanted something small & simple, that did not mean It was not going to be beautiful and special. I mean if you know me, you know my smallest efforts are still measurable. However, I did not want to worry about the details that do not matter (yet details that cost unnecessary amounts of money). I want our day to feel intimate and to feel like it is about just us and our love.
DETAILS OF OUR MASTER PLAN....
HOW TO NOT OFFEND ANYONE:
- Personally inform your family. Let them know of your plan long in advanced. Call them, email them, take them out to lunch, etc.
- Make a wedding announcement and send to everyone.
- Celebrate before (or after) your special day. This is NOT to be mixed up with a reception. You can still make it look beautiful and make it feel special, but there is no need to sum up the cost to the equivalent of a Reception. We called it our 'Elopement Party' so that people could understand that this was the one and only celebration related to our union and that way if they wanted to catch us and share the love with us, this was the only opportunity. You can also just have an Engagement Party at a timeline closer to your special day (Kill two birds with one stone)!
HOW TO MAKE IT SPECIAL
- Make a Rough Draft wedding plan! Make a list of the things you want and include the cost! Once you see the cost, decide what really matters and what you can live without AKA won't care to include in your wedding album.
- Decide on a few key things that you will allow yourself to splurge on! For me, it was my dress and the photographer. Everything else, I shopped and shopped around until I found killer prices and all else did not make it to the list!
- After you have created your Rough Draft Wedding Plan: Make a Budget and stick to it!
And there you have it! I will report back after my wedding and honeymoon and tell you if my plan worked! In the meantime, you are free to check out my Wedding Inspiration Pinterest Board!