Hey lovely peeps!
The rumors are true..... Provo Fashion Week is coming back for Fall and it's going to be twice as big!
I was very honoured when Bree asked me to model her designs once again, and I can't wait! Provo Fashion Week SS2014 Was so amazing and fun! I can't wait to see what they have planned for this one. So far I can tell you that the fabric that Bree has picked out for her designs are to swoon for!!!
And now, a little giveaway contest for you! .......
VIP TICKETS FOR PROVO FASHION WEEK FW2014
They will be giving away 20 sets of tickets to their special invite only - VIP event on Friday, October 10th. This event is full of fashion influencers and industry specialists in Utah. You will be able to meet the designers who will be showcasing their collection on the runway AND you will also get to meet some of your favorite fashion bloggers, including all the lovely ladies who are participating in this giveaway, after the show at their networking event!
Simply fill out the form below and follow these beautiful bloggers for a chance to win! Giveaway closes this Friday, September 26th at midnight. Giveaway open to Utah readers only (or those who will travel to Utah for the show).
Prize: 1 FREE ticket + 1 half price (bring a friend) ticket
Event: Provo Fashion Week Exclusive VIP Runway Show + Networking Event
Date: Friday, October 10th at 6:30pm
Location: Provo City Library, Provo Utah
If you would like to purchase tickets to Provo Fashion Week's other runway shows, which are open to the public, on Saturday, October 11th - click here!
TYPE OF BRAID USED:
- Water Fall
- Start by braiding each side from the top.
As you braid, angel slightly down.
- Once you are done braiding both sides, tie them up separately.
Tug on the loops to loosen them up and to give them a chunkier look.
- Cross the braids over each other, and hold in place with bobby pins.
Tuck the remainder under the crown. Hold them in place with bobby pins!
First off you should know that the Hair Gods predestined Morgan to a Hair Artist Life before she was born. This girl showed hair talent from the day she could walk, was recruited for hair runway at 16 and was scouted by hair coaches after high school. All in the hopes that she would grace humans with her talents! Ohh and she is a makeup artist! Just FYI!
- Get a trim every 6 to 8 Weeks.If you are not the kind to get to the salon every 6 to 8 weeks, at least trim every time you color!
- When Blow drying your hair, start at the roots for a faster finish. (Life changing tip. Seriously, where have I been)
- Always, always use heat protectant on your hair! Always!
- Never, ever use grocery store color or products. Products are watered down and colors have harsh chemicals that are like tattoo for your hair! And lets face it, for as much as we want that color to stick, you know you will regret it when you want to change it up by a pro. Instead go to a real beauty supply store like Sally!
- Scalp Treat your head as needed. Benefits of a scalp treatment are;
- Cleans debris from your head
- Clears hair follicles
- Stimulates hair cells for hair growth
PS: Stick around for a braid tutorial tomorrow!
Recently, my favorite girl of many tricks contacted me and said she wanted me to come in the salon to try a new product.
Ladies and gentlemen, (yes, men too) let me introduce you to the Oribe hair products! It is amazing! Morgan used Repair and Restore from Oribe's Gold Lust line. It is the fountain of youth for hair. My hair really needed that extra love and care since I had pushed it to it's limit this Summer. Guys, I think my hair sighed afterwards because it felt so moisturized and the fragrance was divine. I think we are obsessed. I am that creep at work, sitting behind the desk sniffing her hair.... no big deal.
MUST KNOWS about ORIBE:
- Created by Oribe, one of the most influential hairdressers in the beauty and fashion industry for the past 30 years!
- Oribe styled Blake Lively's hair for her latest cover on Vogue
- Only 3 Salons in Utah provide it
Morgan totally spoiled me with her talents and I was so happy to discover another salon! Rare Intensity is located in the heart of Salt Lake City and they are a full service salon! Rare Intensity is kind enough to offer Posh By Kat readers 40 % off their first service! Just say that Kat sent you and they will honour that deal!!
PS: Stick around my blog this week for hair tips and a braid tutorial with Morgan!